Data Protection and Privacy Law
Our expertise in Data protection
Data protection laws impose numerous obligations and constraints on legal entities (companies, associations, local authorities, public entities, etc.), which may lead to criminal penalties in case of non-compliance. The CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) conducts a large number of inspections for which these entities must be prepared.
FERAL-SCHUHL/SAINTE-MARIE’s lawyers regularly advise companies in data protection law, particularly in sensitive industry sectors (banking, insurance, health, pharmaceutical industry, etc.). We can provide a full range of services, and, among others:
– carrying out data protection compliance audits;preparing formalities and putting in place appropriate processes as part of a compliance operation;
– drafting personal data transfer agreements or “binding corporate rules” (BCRs) in an international context;
– drafting IT guidelines;
– advising security and archiving policies;
– assisting our clients during CNIL dawn raids;
– advising on and drafting professional alert (”whistleblowing”) procedures and IT guidelines;
– organizing data protection trainings;
– providing assistance and training to Data Protection Officers (CIL).
As a privileged correspondent of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), the FERAL-SCHUHL/SAINTE-MARIE law firm is regularly instructed to present sensitive data processing authorizations or defend Clients’ interests, especially when they are the subject of complaints.
- BEST LAWYERS IN FRANCE 2019
FÉRAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE was named by the Best Lawyers 2019 as “Law Firm of the Year” in Technology Law for having the most listed lawyers in this practice area.
Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie has been selected as « Lawyer of the Year » in Litigation and Media Law categories and is named in those categories for the second consecutive year.
Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie, Etienne Papin and Olivier de Courcel, have been selected in the following categories : Information Technology Law and Technology Law.
Olivier de Courcel has also been selected in Telecommunications Law category for the second consecutive year.
Etienne Papin has been selected in Personal Data and Privacy category.
Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie and Etienne Papin have also been selected in Intellectual Property Law category for the third consecutive year.
- CORPORATE INSIDER 2019
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE has been awarded by Corporate Insider 2019 at the 2019 Business Excellence Awards and recognized as “Data Protection & Privacy Law Firm of the Year – France“.
- Who’s Who Legal 2018
The 2018 Edition of the “Who’s Who Legal” ranks Christiane Féral-Schuhl as “well known” in the “Data” category for her long-standing experience in IT, telecoms, media and data privacy issues.
Also, the 2018 Edition of the “Who’s Who Legal” recognises “Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie [as] highly respected in the IT law category and is a firm favourite among clients, who include IT service companies and major users of information systems”.
Finally, “Olivier de Courcel has over 15 years of experience in IT and communications where he is well versed in handling a range of related transactional and commercial matters”.
- Talk of Etienne Papin, Partner, during a conference on "GDPR: : Impact on Production, keys to a successful implementation and points of vigilance" organized by the CRiP on October...
- Talk of Etienne Papin, Partner, on this subject on October 4, 2018 during the eFutura Digital Transition Day. More information (in French).
- Talk of Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Partner, on this subject on October 4, 2018 during the eFutura Digital Transition Day. More information (in French).
- CIO Online - 17/09/2018
- Édition Multimédi@ - 14/05/2018
- Édition Multimédi@ - 12/02/2018