Data Protection and Privacy Law
Our expertise in Data protection
Data protection laws impose numerous obligations and constraints on legal entities (companies, associations, local authorities, public entities, etc.), which may lead to criminal penalties in case of non-compliance. The CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) conducts a large number of inspections for which these entities must be prepared.
FERAL-SCHUHL/SAINTE-MARIE’s lawyers regularly advise companies in data protection law, particularly in sensitive industry sectors (banking, insurance, health, pharmaceutical industry, etc.). We can provide a full range of services, and, among others:
– carrying out data protection compliance audits;preparing formalities and putting in place appropriate processes as part of a compliance operation;
– drafting personal data transfer agreements or “binding corporate rules” (BCRs) in an international context;
– drafting IT guidelines;
– advising security and archiving policies;
– assisting our clients during CNIL dawn raids;
– advising on and drafting professional alert (”whistleblowing”) procedures and IT guidelines;
– organizing data protection trainings;
– providing assistance and training to Data Protection Officers (CIL).
As a privileged correspondent of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), the FERAL-SCHUHL/SAINTE-MARIE law firm is regularly instructed to present sensitive data processing authorizations or defend Clients’ interests, especially when they are the subject of complaints.
- Who’s Who Legal: France 2020
The 2020 edition of “Who’s Who Legal: France” listed Christiane Féral-Schuhl and Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie in the Data category.
“Christiane Féral-Schuhl is “a well-known name” in the market who has been practising for over 30 years in IT, personal data and IP-related matters.”
“Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie is a respected figure among data specialists and has over 25 years of experience negotiating and litigating matters pertaining to technology projects. ”
- LEADERS LEAGUE & DECIDEURS MAGAZINE 2020
In its 2020 Edition of the best law firms in France, LEADERS LEAGUE ranked FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE as “Leading” in the Internet category, with a special mention for Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie, Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Olivier de Courcel and Richard Willemant.
LEAGUE LEADERS & DECIDEURS MAGAZINE ranked FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE as “Excellent” in the categories:
– Mediation, with a special mention for Christiane Féral-Schuhl;
LEADERS LEAGUE & MAGAZINE DECIDERS ranked FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE as “Highly recommended” in the Brands, Designs, and Models category, with a special mention for Richard Willemant.
LEADERS LEAGUE & MAGAZINE DECIDERS ranked FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE for its “Recommended” in the Telecommunications Law category, with a special mention for Olivier de Courcel.
- WHO'S WHO LEGAL: DATA 2019
The 2019 edition of “Who’s Who Legal: Data” has recognized Christiane Féral-Schuhl as one of the world’s leading Data lawyers in the Information Technology and Data Privacy & Protection categories.
- Talk of Stéphanie Foulgoc on the legal framework applicable to the personal data protection during the information day organized by the Association of ARCHIMED Software Users (ADULOA) on March...
- Talk by Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Richard Willemant, Olivier de Courcel and Justine Sinibaldi alongside William Feugère and Antoine Moizan at the Compliance League launch conference on 5 February 2020. For...
- Talk of Christiane Féral-Schuhl on this subject during a conference on “Operational Security, BCP/DRP” organized by the CRiP (Club of Infrastructure Managers, Technologies and IT Production) on February 6,...
- CIO Online - 20/07/2020
- The Law Reviews - 30/06/2020
- CIO Online - 18/05/2020