Data Protection and Privacy Law
Our expertise in Data protection
Data protection laws impose numerous obligations and constraints on legal entities (companies, associations, local authorities, public entities, etc.), which may lead to criminal penalties in case of non-compliance. The CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) conducts a large number of inspections for which these entities must be prepared.
FERAL-SCHUHL/SAINTE-MARIE’s lawyers regularly advise companies in data protection law, particularly in sensitive industry sectors (banking, insurance, health, pharmaceutical industry, etc.). We can provide a full range of services, and, among others:
– carrying out data protection compliance audits;preparing formalities and putting in place appropriate processes as part of a compliance operation;
– drafting personal data transfer agreements or “binding corporate rules” (BCRs) in an international context;
– drafting IT guidelines;
– advising security and archiving policies;
– assisting our clients during CNIL dawn raids;
– advising on and drafting professional alert (”whistleblowing”) procedures and IT guidelines;
– organizing data protection trainings;
– providing assistance and training to Data Protection Officers (CIL).
As a privileged correspondent of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), the FERAL-SCHUHL/SAINTE-MARIE law firm is regularly instructed to present sensitive data processing authorizations or defend Clients’ interests, especially when they are the subject of complaints.
- BEST LAWYERS IN FRANCE 2019
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE was named by the Best Lawyers 2019 as “Law Firm of the Year” in Technology Law for having the most listed lawyers in this practice area.
Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie has been selected as « Lawyer of the Year » in Media Law categories and is named in those categories for the second consecutive year.
Olivier de Courcel has also been selected in Telecommunications Law category for the second consecutive year.
Etienne Papin has been selected in Personal Data and Privacy category.
- CORPORATE INSIDER 2019
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE has been awarded by Corporate Insider 2019 at the 2019 Business Excellence Awards and recognized as “Data Protection & Privacy Law Firm of the Year – France“.
- WHO'S WHO LEGAL: DATA 2019
The 2019 edition of “Who’s Who Legal: Data” has recognized Christiane Féral-Schuhl as one of the world’s leading Data lawyers in the Information Technology and Data Privacy & Protection categories.
- Introductory speech of Christiane Féral-Schuhl on this subject during a the conference of the French Association of Information Law and Telecommunications (AFDIT), on October 17, 2019. More information (in...
- Debate with Etienne Papin and Thomas Fauré on this subject, on RT France, October 2, 2019. To watch the debate (in French).
- Talk of Etienne Papin on this subject during the Technopolice 2019 conference on “Facial recognition: Applications, Acceptability, Prospectives” organized by the French National Gendarmerie and Police on September 24, 2019. More information...
- CIO Online - 21/10/2019
- Édition Multimédi@ - 16/09/2019
- CIO Online - 17/06/2019