Intellectual Property Law
Intangible assets are an essential part of a company’s total assets. At each stage – acquisition, protection and transfer — the law brings solutions that each company must fully master.
From photography to music, from software to data bases, our experience is wide in the area of royalties and rests on daily exercise of applicable legislation as well as on an active judicial watch.
In addition to classic subjects in intellectual property law, a sector has developed whose economic and technical importance has now become significant – free software. We are regularly asked to help companies choose adequate free licenses or to evaluate the constraints and limitations of each of them.
With regard to patents, software today brings up aspects which question the traditional principles of the subject. Protection of software by patents must today be appreciated, with its strengths and its weaknesses, within a legislative context that remains uncertain.
The Internet has cast a considerable light on issues surrounding the principles of territoriality and specialty, which are the foundation of trademark law. Within this framework, our lawyers regularly intervene in litigation related to domain names, either as advisors or as cyber arbitrators.
- CHAMBERS EUROPE & CHAMBERS GLOBAL - EDITION 2018
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE is ranked in the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY category by Chambers Europe & Chambers Global Edition 2018. Richard Willemant is also ranked as “recognized practitioner”.
- THE BEST LAWYERS IN FRANCE© 2017
Christiane Féral-Schuhl was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 Technology Law “Lawyer of the Year” for the second consecutive year.
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE is “Top Listed” in Technology Law for having the most listed lawyers in this practice area.
Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie, Etienne Papin and Olivier de Courcel, partners of FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE, have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in France© 2017 in the fields of Information Technology Law. Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie and Etienne Papin have also been selected in Intellectual Property. Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie has also been selected for inclusion in the fields of Litigation and Media Law.
- THE BEST LAWYERS IN FRANCE© 2016
Christiane Féral-Schuhl was named the Best Lawyers® 2016 Technology Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Paris.
Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie, Etienne Papin, Olivier de Courcel and Olivia Luzi, partners of FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE, have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in France© 2016 in the fields of Information Technology Law and other areas.
- Sorry, this entry is only available in Français.
- Interview of Christiane Féral-Schuhl on this subject on June 10th, 2016 on RTL.fr. For more information (in French). For more information about our expertise in Media Law and Audiovisual and...
- Talk of Christiane Féral-Schuhl on this subject on June 7th, 2016 at the seminar organized by the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) and the INPI (National Institute of Intellectual...
- - 31/01/2017
- FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE MARIE boosts its intellectual property expertise and its international expansion by welcoming Richard Willemant as a new partner- 05/10/2016
- Mag Securs - 07/10/2015