Intellectual Property Law
Intangible assets are an essential part of a company’s total assets. At each stage – acquisition, protection and transfer — the law brings solutions that each company must fully master.
From photography to music, from software to data bases, our experience is wide in the area of royalties and rests on daily exercise of applicable legislation as well as on an active judicial watch.
In addition to classic subjects in intellectual property law, a sector has developed whose economic and technical importance has now become significant – free software. We are regularly asked to help companies choose adequate free licenses or to evaluate the constraints and limitations of each of them.
With regard to patents, software today brings up aspects which question the traditional principles of the subject. Protection of software by patents must today be appreciated, with its strengths and its weaknesses, within a legislative context that remains uncertain.
The Internet has cast a considerable light on issues surrounding the principles of territoriality and specialty, which are the foundation of trademark law. Within this framework, our lawyers regularly intervene in litigation related to domain names, either as advisors or as cyber arbitrators.
- LEADERS LEAGUE & DECIDEURS MAGAZINE 2020
In its 2020 Edition of the best law firms in France, LEADERS LEAGUE ranked FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE as “Leading” in the Internet category, with a special mention for Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie, Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Olivier de Courcel and Richard Willemant.
LEAGUE LEADERS & DECIDEURS MAGAZINE ranked FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE as “Excellent” in the categories:
– Mediation, with a special mention for Christiane Féral-Schuhl;
LEADERS LEAGUE & MAGAZINE DECIDERS ranked FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE as “Highly recommended” in the Brands, Designs, and Models category, with a special mention for Richard Willemant.
LEADERS LEAGUE & MAGAZINE DECIDERS ranked FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE for its “Recommended” in the Telecommunications Law category, with a special mention for Olivier de Courcel.
- BEST LAWYERS IN FRANCE 2019
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE was named by the Best Lawyers 2019 as “Law Firm of the Year” in Technology Law for having the most listed lawyers in this practice area.
Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie has been selected as « Lawyer of the Year » in Media Law categories and is named in those categories for the second consecutive year.
Olivier de Courcel has also been selected in Telecommunications Law category for the second consecutive year.
- CHAMBERS EUROPE & CHAMBERS GLOBAL – 2019 EDITION
- Introductory speech of Christiane Féral-Schuhl on this subject during a the conference of the French Association of Information Law and Telecommunications (AFDIT), on October 17, 2019. More information (in...
- New: The 7th edition of « Cyberdroit, le droit à l’épreuve de l’internet » (“Cyberlaw, how Internet challenges the law”) 2018/2019 has just been published by Éditions Dalloz.News: The 7th edition of "Cyberdroit, the right to the test of the Internet" 2018/2019 has just been published on Éditions Dalloz.
- Sorry, this entry is only available in Français.
- CIO Online - 19/11/2018
- CIO Online - 15/10/2018
- - 31/01/2017