e-Commerce – Terms and conditions
For e-business, the operators must contend with the “traditional” legal rules such as those resulting from French consumer law, criminal law, intellectual property law and the product and activity sector regulations.
In addition, specific rules are applicable to the sale and provision of online services.
Our attorneys have significant experience in e-business B-to-B and B-to-C.
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE advises and assists all types of operators (start-ups, TPE (very small businesses), SME, ETI (intermediate-size companies), major groups, leading internet players) in the following sectors:
– Analysis of the commercial projects and their legal viability;
– Legal compliance of the e-business websites;
– Setup of general terms and conditions of sale or use (GTCs, GSCs, GTSs);
– Compliance of order tunnels;
– Content use license agreements;
– Confidentiality policies and personal data processing;
– Pre-litigation, litigation, disputes.
Our attorneys have specific experience in various e-business sectors: travel services and hosting online, online ticketing, online advertising and prospection, online games, mass consumer products, e-health, ready-to-wear clothes and cosmetics, marketplace and digital platforms.
The obligations of online intermediation platforms for sale of goods and services have raised a lot of legal issues.
These intermediaries between the parties have a duty of information about their role and responsibility.
The FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE law firm assists its clients in drafting and update their Terms and Conditions of Use or Services and provides analyses on the responsibilities of the parties as well as on the definition of payment flows in compliance with the French Monetary and Financial Code.
- Global 100 - Technology Law Firm of the Year in France
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE MARIE has received an award from Global 100 and was selected as “Technology Law Firm of the Year in France” for 2016.
- BEST LAWYERS IN FRANCE 2016
Christiane Féral-Schuhl was named the Best Lawyers 2016 Technology Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Paris.
Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie, Etienne Papin, Olivier de Courcel and Olivia Luzi, partners of FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE, have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in France 2016 in the fields of Information Technology Law and other areas.
- LAWYER MONTHLY - LEGAL AWARDS 2015
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE has been selected by Lawyer Monthly as the winner of their 2015 Legal Award as “Technology Law Firm of the Year in France”.
- Talk of Christiane Féral-Schuhl, Partner, on this subject on October 4, 2018 during the eFutura Digital Transition Day. More information (in French).
- New: The 7th edition of « Cyberdroit, le droit à l’épreuve de l’internet » (“Cyberlaw, how Internet challenges the law”) 2018/2019 has just been published by Éditions Dalloz.News: The 7th edition of "Cyberdroit, the right to the test of the Internet" 2018/2019 has just been published on Éditions Dalloz.
- Talk of Christiane Féral-Schuhl on this subject, during a meeting co-organized by the CARPA (French Lawyers' Pecuniary Payment Fund) and the UNCA (French National Union of CARPA), May 27, 2018. For more...
- Édition Multimédi@ - 23/07/2018
- CIO Online - 18/06/2018
- CIO Online - 16/04/2018