Media Law and audiovisual
Media law involves matters as varied as copyright law, electronic communications law, audiovisual communication law, written press law, advertising law, movie law (including production financing) and other laws in the area of culture.
We regularly work for international photographic press agencies, major legal and scientific publishers, the specialized press and also on-line press companies and national radio stations.
Our expertise notably encompasses the practice of labor law for journalists and photojournalists, intellectual property rights for works created by journalists or scientific contributors collaborating on collective works, as well as royalties for scientific works or fiction from any type of medium.
We negotiate and draft publishing or co-publishing contracts, operating and distribution contracts, and partnership contracts for production and operation.
We assist our clients in the creation of new communication tools such as blogs, dedicated internet sites, instant messaging and digital movies, tools which favor a redeployment of their traditional activities.
In addition, we help our clients in all litigation relative to press and publishing law and in the management and operation of their derivative rights, whether it be a question of literary, graphic or audiovisual works.
- BEST LAWYERS IN FRANCE 2019
Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie has been selected as « Lawyer of the Year » in Litigation and Media Law categories and is named in those categories for the second consecutive year.
Olivier de Courcel has also been selected in Telecommunications Law category for the second consecutive year.
Etienne Papin has been selected in Personal Data and Privacy category.
- Global 100 - Technology Law Firm of the Year in France
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE MARIE has received an award from Global 100 and was selected as “Technology Law Firm of the Year in France” for 2016.
- FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE-MARIE RECEIVES AN AWARD FROM THE "PALMARÈS DES AVOCATS" (ATTORNEYS’ AWARD WINNERS)
On march 24th 2015, FERAL-SCHUHL/SAINTE-MARIE has been elected, for the third year in the Information Technology/Media/Telecom category of the 2015 edition of the “Palmarès des Avocats” (Attorneys’ Award Winners) organized by ‘’Le Monde du Droit’’ and the AFJE (“Association Française des Juristes d’Entreprise” – French association of In-house Counsels).
“Le Monde du Droit” explains that the survey was conducted during a month with several thousand of in-house legal counsels who use the services of law firms. The voters particularly emphasized FERAL-SCHUHL/SAINTE-MARIE’s understanding of its clientele needs, and the availability of its team.
- New: The 7th edition of « Cyberdroit, le droit à l’épreuve de l’internet » (“Cyberlaw, how Internet challenges the law”) 2018/2019 has just been published by Éditions Dalloz.News: The 7th edition of "Cyberdroit, the right to the test of the Internet" 2018/2019 has just been published on Éditions Dalloz.
- Quotes from Christiane Féral-Schuhl on this topic on February 20, 2017 for « L’Express, l’Expansion ». More information (in French).
- Interview of Christiane Féral-Schuhl on this subject on June 10th, 2016 on RTL.fr. For more information (in French). For more information about our expertise in Media Law and Audiovisual and...
- - 03/10/2016
- Stream ripping : the question remains as to the lawfullness of private copying in the streaming areaÉdition Multimédi@ - 09/03/2015