The law of electronic communications / telecoms
Affected by a strong regulatory component and by a growing control of Competition Law, the Law of Electronic Communications has widened its field of application to keep pace with evolutions and the convergence of technologies.
For operators and service providers, the need for legal accompaniment appears with the conception of the Business Plan. The legal approach sometimes combines with strategic consulting. For clients, a mastery of contractual practices in this sector is mandatory.
With strong experience that dates back to the beginnings of liberalization, we accompany not only network operators, service providers, and equipment manufacturers but also end clients in the different aspects of their activities, particularly in the drafting and negotiation of contracts for the sale or acquisition of equipment, infrastructures or transmission capacities (IRUs, spatial segments), the supplying of telecommunication services both to consumers (triple play offers) and to large accounts (IP networks, VSAT) and also on questions of interconnection, licensing and other regulatory aspects.
We help our clients in the implementation of their projects both within France and abroad, whether it be within the framework of mergers and strategic alliances or of internal development.
- BEST LAWYERS IN FRANCE 2019
Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie has been selected as « Lawyer of the Year » in Litigation and Media Law categories and is named in those categories for the second consecutive year.
Olivier de Courcel has also been selected in Telecommunications Law category for the second consecutive year.
Etienne Papin has been selected in Personal Data and Privacy category.
- Who’s Who Legal 2018
The 2018 Edition of the “Who’s Who Legal” ranks Christiane Féral-Schuhl as “well known” in the “Data” category for her long-standing experience in IT, telecoms, media and data privacy issues.
Also, the 2018 Edition of the “Who’s Who Legal” recognises “Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie [as] highly respected in the IT law category and is a firm favourite among clients, who include IT service companies and major users of information systems”.
Finally, “Olivier de Courcel has over 15 years of experience in IT and communications where he is well versed in handling a range of related transactional and commercial matters”.
- Global 100 - Technology Law Firm of the Year in France
FERAL-SCHUHL / SAINTE MARIE has received an award from Global 100 and was selected as “Technology Law Firm of the Year in France” for 2016.
- New: The 7th edition of « Cyberdroit, le droit à l’épreuve de l’internet » (“Cyberlaw, how Internet challenges the law”) 2018/2019 has just been published by Éditions Dalloz.News: The 7th edition of "Cyberdroit, the right to the test of the Internet" 2018/2019 has just been published on Éditions Dalloz.
- Quotes of Etienne Papin on this topic on January 19th, 2016 in « Les Echos Business ». More information (in French).
- Talk of Christiane Feral-Schuhl on February 4th, 2016 on this subject during the conference “Droit Clair 2016”. For more information about the program.
- Édition Multimédi@ - 07/12/2015
- CIO Online - 14/09/2015
- CIO Online - 13/05/2015